viernes, 31 de mayo de 2019

Let's talk about stereotypes

 Hello everyone

Today the topic of this post are, Gender roles and Stereotypes, there is a complex topic you now, because has a lot of different opinion, cause different ages, different cultures, different ways to see the world. So I try to explain clearly  what I thinks in accordance with my experience.

When I was a child I hear a lot of people said common phrases like "Don't cry like little girl" or "You should be the men of the house". I grow up with one cousin, she born one on two months after me, so my family has two little child playing together and sharing toys, but the treatment of our education was very different. For example, when we play with mud and made our own imaginary bakery I remember my dad saying me " Hey! this in not a boys games, you might play football or something masculine" and when she hit me because a stupid child problemas (like want a a toy) everybody say me "no no no you should't hit you cousin because she is a girl" (not even because hit someone is bad, and the violence in general are really stupid, nop, only because she is a girl and girls are smooth) They try to explain than she only for be a women should be like a lady, like a princes, and I, for be a boy should be a little bit aggressive and stoic.

I grow up with this ideas in my mind, but in the deep of my I always thinks "way?" I never like to play football and never in my life I blows someone in a fight or similar, I hate all of these violent games like the "Soo" or "Suelta la pepa" all of this BOYS games than my masculines friend play in the break. 


For many year Gender stereotypes was an important subjects in the education of child and several generation are found in the base and principles of them. But the times changes and today most and most people realised about the harmful of stereotypes so we can try to changes this way to live the life and be better than our forefather.

Resultado de imagen para edd thinking

     

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario